Abt a torn ligament & folded meniscus... & e growing pangs of a 24 year old gal.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Great is thy faithfulness

Here in my room. muncching on my 10th pringles. Leg in a ranger brace unmoveable...
Lying in bed for 3 whole days in hospital. Learning to walk a little, learning that it so difficult to WILL my leg muscle and overcome the soreness and pain, lying in bed observing my parents (they tell u a lot abt how u have been brought up), the camaraderie of the Malay family beside me, my very charismatic Orthopedic surgeon, the inexperiency of the nurses, people in general... and promising myself to learn to be a good caregiver... remembering the exhilaration that I was going on a work trip for the first time in my life... Putting down my luggage from Malacca at 12th midnight and packing my bags immediately for the trip the next day, that kind of silly anticipation for all things nice, glorious and good in life...

and Here am I one year later. NOt a long time *but really many things happened in between* that made me decided to take stock at this quiet moment in my life before i move on again...
Here was I a year ago... wowing my room in Cronulla exactly a year ago with my dizzy self after a full dinner at the Blue Parrot, meeting a gang of men of all breeds, types, sizes and backgrounds... and being very very excited with just opening my eyes and welcoming the next day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home