Abt a torn ligament & folded meniscus... & e growing pangs of a 24 year old gal.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Infected wound

Sigh. I am now a microkneegeek at the kneeguru boards...
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php
Absolutely life forum with 13000 pple with knee probs loggin in almost everyday to update each other on their knees and to share their experiences...
Yesterady, I took out my plaster (after 20 days) and my middle wound is leaky... The other 2 seems to be okay. There was also a soft and swollen bump beside the wound. Massaged it a little and the bump seemed to have gone down today... but the weeping from the wound seemed to got worse... Scared. Cud be a possible infection and pple have complications (arthofibriosis) from it... I guess I gotta call my OS tmr and if it's serious get admitted...
Did a little reading on how arthoscopy is done and looked at some photos on a life knee transplant. Eww. I have a weak stomach and i get giddy spells when i see such things....
Many qns to ask my OS>>> how many allografts have he done? how frequently does he do it? In this hospital? On females? On OI females? I think the ans is like 0. But sigh. i reckon, there's gotta be a leap of faith on this... afterall, there's always a first time...

Well, read this on the newspaper abt an Ex-RGS gal with cancer and how she's fighting it...
http://onlyskindeep.blogspot.com/2006_03_01_onlyskindeep_archive.html
Things like this jolt me out of my drudgery dreamy state and make me realise how much i got to stand up and fight my probs instead of floating along with it....
I rem my boss tellin me the previous guy whom he selected (very bright and brilliant) died of brain tumour b4 reporting for work... and of cos Aunty Ivy's death also jolted me a lil.
I guess, this ACL tear is the real jolt that requires me to sit still and reflect on my life a bit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home