Abt a torn ligament & folded meniscus... & e growing pangs of a 24 year old gal.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Last OS appt b4 surgery.

Seen my OS today... signed my Operation docs... he mentioned that my DEXA was pretty low, but not osteoporotic yet... so he would be doing his best to prevent any tibia or femoral fracture in the drilling... plus up-ing my calcium supplementsWas pretty assured after talking to him... but inside I am screaming "I am SCARED" after looking at all the pics and doing endless nights of research on the process and possible complications... and thinking of having to go through all the pain, swelling and numbness all over again (Had a meniscus repair 1 mth back)... he casually mentioned that i was a chicken today... FINE. I admit I actually broke into tears after my meniscus op in the operating theatre and shocked my OS a lil! **That was because I actually fell in my toilet the day of my operation on my butt and was emotionally shaken** It's the fear of falling. and falling when you are injured and have very little sense of balance!** Anyway, anyway, going to chill before my OP a little and brace myself for the pain and the immobility after the OP...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home