Abt a torn ligament & folded meniscus... & e growing pangs of a 24 year old gal.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

A WALK through Life

Walking. I never knew walking could be so tiring. Especially with 2 crutches. I am on my 10th day of my ACL Reconstruction. Went back to my OS yesterday. He gave me the thumbs up and said my knee was looking GREAT! Whatever. Anyway, any encouragement makes me feel good now. But still I was only to bear 20% of my weight on my left leg.
So yesterday, I decided to walk. First from the lobby to my clinic, then to the rehab centre then back to another carpark lobby. Gosh. It may have been 600m in all... But I had to stop a few times, hands were aching from supporting the 80% of my body weight when my left leg was down... and my strides were so small (maybe 30cm) ,,, that means 2x more strides over the same distance.
Last week in rehab, an old lady fell asleep after taking 5 steps on her 4 legged crutch. Well. It's that tiring. Anyway, I am officially back to work now (from home) ... emails and deadlines have come in.

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Nice work. I found this because you mentioned it at Knee Geeks. I have a blog also about my ACLR.

http://blog.nomans.us

I will link to your blog from mine if you want to do the same thing. I post on knee geeks a decent amount.

10:22 PM

 
Blogger Torn said...

Have checked out your site sometime back. Lots of cool stuff on it. Keep working on it... we'll celebrate when we start walking again :) :) :)

1:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home