Abt a torn ligament & folded meniscus... & e growing pangs of a 24 year old gal.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Walking for the first time...Again.


I am a happy gal... for I am walking again... It's the 2nd day of me walking and checking out the 6 replies in 4 hours after I posted this good news on kneegeeks forum...
Next Step: Wobble Board.

Hi,thought i wanted to share this good news with all of you. My OS had wanted me to go slow on getting me to walk as I have a pretty low bone density. So he told me that he would give me the green light to walk after my 1 mth appt (7-May)... but I just felt really bored doing SLRs and walking on my crutches... leg was stronger already but no sense of balanceFriday night, I got home, and as usual, started to come to the kneegeeks forum... and i just figured out that many people start trying to walk 2-3 weeks after their Aclr... so i decided to try walking on 1 crutch . It was wobbly at first. but i soon found out that a way to stablise myself was to put my left hand across myself and grip the crutch too. Managed to walk 20 minutes without much wobbling (except for 1x when my knee locked! ). Then I practised tiptoeing a bit and that sort of helped with the lifting off of the heel..Today, I progressed without my crutch... and I looked like a female frankenstien trying to balance myself. Each step was about 10cm and very carefully and painfully done. I thought the inner part of my menisci felt a bit compressed... But I am glad it gets better with more practise! My brother suggests using a walking stick which helps a bit (but I don't want to bring it to office, it's so embarrassing! )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home